Fresh Tomato Juice
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 6 tomatoes; ripe, juicy and fresh
- 1 pinch oregano, dried; or fresh thyme
- 4 lemon wedges; small
- Wash, blanch, peel and chop the tomatoes.
- Put through a food mill or sieve directly into a bowl.
- Add enough ice water to make 4 cups.
- Season lightly with salt and pepper (if using them) and herb.
- Taste, and enhance the seasonings.
- Serve cold with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Nutrients for 1 cup with 1 teaspoon lemon juice SERVES: 4 (assuming 1 cup per serving) SOURCE: Diabetic Cooking From Around the World by Vilma Liacouras Chantiles