Fresh Ginger Ale
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Herbal Beverages
- 2 Cups coarsely chopped, peeled fresh ginger
- 3 strips lemon peel, pith removed
- 1 1/2 Cup sugar
- 3 Quarts chilled club soda
- ice cubes
- Put ginger, lemon peel, and 4 cups of water into a 4quart pan.
- Bring to the boil, and continue boiling, without lid, for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups sugar and boil for about 15 more minutes.
- Liquid should have reduced to about 3 cups.
- Pour through a wire seive and discard the peel and ginger.
- Cool the syrup, cover and chill for at least an hour.
- To serve, pour 1/4 cup of the syrup into a tall glass and add 1 cup of the club soda.
- Add ice and more syrup if needed.