The French Manhattan is a Gallic twist on the classic American cocktail, highlighting the drink with orange and cherry, with a mixture of bitters.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- orange rind or peel
- 2 parts Canadian rye whisky
- 1 part sweet vermouth
- 1/2 part Cointreau (orange-flavored liqueur)
- 1 dash aromatic bitters
- 1 dash orange bitters
- Luxardo cherries
- Rub the orange rind on the edge and inside of the glass, twist and drop into the glass.
- Add all the ingredients to a mixing glass or cocktail shaker.
- Add lots of chunky ice cubes to your shaker.
- Stir gently with a bar spoon or long teaspoon until the glass or shaker feels nice and cold.
- Strain carefully through a strainer into a chilled Martini glass or coupe.
- Drop in one or more Luxardo cherries. Serve immediately.