The French 95 was invented in the 1920’s. Its modern version is this delicious, refreshing concoction.
Simple, easy and crisp on the palate. Perfect for Sunday brunch or cocktail parties.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 3/4 ounce Bourbon whiskey
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup
- 1/2 ounce fresh lemon juice
- 1 ounce fresh orange juice
- thin orange slice or lemon peel
- Shake all ingredients (except champagne) with ice and strain into an ice-filled cocktail glass.
- Top with champagne, garnish with orange or lemon slice or peel. Serve.
Some suggest this should be served in a goblet, with ice. We disagree. It's a delicate cocktail and should be served with style and that special French touch - in a delicate glass such as a cocktail glass or champagne flute.