This flaming cocktail can be dangerous, not only for it’s flame, but it’s potency. The flavor is fabulous and the surprise of the flame tends to shock your guests.
As a flaming cocktail, it poses considerable danger, as does any open flame near alcoholic spirits. Take proper precautions when making this drink.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Flaming Cocktail
- 2 ounces Riazul Silver Tequila
- 2 ounces fresh squeeze orange juice
- 1/2 ounce Easy Homemade Pomegranate Syrup (grenadine)
- 1 Tablespoon 80-proof mescal (optional)
- Combine Riazul Silver tequila in a Collins glass with ice, and top with fresh-squeezed orange juice.
- Pour grenadine down side of the glass while tilting it, so it sinks straight to the bottom and only rises up slightly.
- Top off with 80-proof mescal, pouring it across the back of a spoon that's touching the side of the inside of the glass.
- Let the mescal trickle slowly down the side of the glass until it forms a "float" over the drink.
- Garnish with an orange wheel.