Fiesta Hot Chocolate
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1/2 Cup cocoa
- 1 Tablespoons flour; unbleached
- 1/4 Cup dark brown sugar; packed
- 4 Cups milk
- 3 cloves; whole
- 1 cinnamon stick; broken in half
- 2 Tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- whipped cream
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- Mix cocoa and flour in 2-quart saucepan.
- Stir in brown sugar, milk, cloves, and 1 stick cinnamon.
- Heat just to boiling over medium heat, stirring constantly; reduce heat.
- Simmer uncovered for 5 minutes (DO NOT boil).
- Remove from heat; remove cloves and cinnamon.
- Stir in powdered sugar and vanilla.
- Beat with molinillo, wire whisk or hand beater until foamy.
- Pour into 4 cups or mugs.
- Serve with whipped cream and cinnamon sticks.