A simple but delicious recipe, the Epicurus Apple Hot Toddy is a wonderfully warming cocktail to enjoy after dinner with snacks or a tasty pie.
Epicurus Apple Hot Toddy
Serve with spiced nuts, tangerine segments or a delicious pie.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches, Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1 1/2 Cups distilled water
- 2 Tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 Cups applejack (Laird's) or Calvados
- 8 3-inch cinnamon sticks
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the head and dissolve the honey in the water, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the lemon juice and the applejack.
- Set one cinnamon stick in each of eight mugs or heat-proof glass cups.
- Pour in the hot liquid and serve immediately.