Eggnog No. 5
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
- 6 eggs; separated
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 2 Cups heavy cream
- 2 Cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 Cup Cognac or whiskey
- 1/4 Cup Rum
- 1 ground nutmeg
- Beat egg yolks with 1/2 cups sugar until thick; stir in milk, vanilla and liquor.
- Beat egg whites with 1/4 cups sugar until stiff peaks are formed; fold into mixture.
- Beat cream until soft peaks are formed; stir into mixture.
- store in refrigerator over night; sprinkle with nutmeg when served.
- (If you will not be using a copper bowl for beating the egg whites then you will need to add 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar to them first).
- The liquor can be increased or deleted depending on personal taste.