Eggnog No. 3
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
Serves: 12 to 14
- 1 dozen eggs; separated
- 1 1/2 Cups confectioners sugar
- 1 pint rye
- 1/3 pint Rum
- 1/4 pint peach liquer
- 2 Quart milk
- 1 Quart half-and-half
- 1 pint heavy cream
- Beat egg yolks until thick and lemon yellow, then beat in 1 cup confectioners sugar.
- Add slowly the rye, rum and peach liquer.
- Beat until smooth.
- Add the milk and half-and-half.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry, gradually adding 1/2 cup of confectioners sugar.
- Fold the egg whites into the batter.
- Just before serving, whip the cream and fold it into the other ingredients.
- Garnish with ground nutmeg if desired.
Half-and-half is like a light cream; confectioner's sugar is also called powdered sugar or icing sugar.