This delicious liqueur is absolutely safe to drink and quite delicious. It is used in several tasty cocktail recipes and makes a great addition to some nogs.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 2 1/2 Cups sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 Cups vodka
- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 3/4 Cups evaporated milk
- Put sugar into a blender and run on high for a minute or so, add remaining ingredients and mix well.
- Pour into a bottle and refrigerate.
- You can also substitute some of the vodka and use brandy.
- Be adventurous and do a little experimenting!
This drink comes from the Netherlands. It is similar to Advocaat. Advocaat is a Dutch word meaning 'A drink for Lawyers'. This is an egg drink so caution must be given. Make sure you use fresh ingredients! Keep in mind that whatever alcohol you use, it will sanitize any potential food-borne illness in or on the eggs, so fear not. You won't become ill.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe