The name “Drambuie” comes from the Scottish Gaelic phrase an dram buidheach, meaning “the drink that satisfies”, or possibly an dram buidhe meaning “the yellow drink”.
Drambuie Type Liqueur
The rich flavor of Drambuie is found in the pairing of orange blossom honey and coriander. The resulting blending with Scotch yields a luxurious liqueur that's great on its own, straight up or on the rocks.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 4 Cups Scotch whiskey
- 2 Cups orange blossom honey
- 3 1/2 Tablespoons coriander seeds
- First of all, if you can't find orange blossom honey, just add 1 Tablespoon orange extract to regular honey.
- Combine ingredients and shake until honey is dissolved. Cover, leave to mature for at least 4 weeks.
- You may have to experiment a little with this recipe because the quality and flavor of the honey will vary from region to region.
- The batches we have made taste better than the $40. fifth you can buy at the liquor store.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe