Dom’s Sangria blends fruits, liqueurs, Brandy, and fresh berries to create a delicious, refreshing and soothing drink that’s incredibly calming and relaxing.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1 bottle (750ml) dry red wine
- 1/4 Cup Brandy
- 1/4 Cup orange-flavored liqueur such as Cointreau
- 1 apple, thinly sliced
- 1 Cup fresh red currants, washed and picked over
- 1 medium orange, thinly sliced
- 1 lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/2 Cup blackcurrant syrup
- 2 Cups chilled sparkling wine or seltzer
- additional apple, orange and lemon slices, if desired
- In large glass pitcher or punch bowl, mix wine, brandy, liqueur and apple, syrup, orange and lemon slices.
- Cover; refrigerate at least 1 hour or up to 24 hours.
- Stir in sparkling wine or seltzer just before serving.
- Garnish with apple, orange, berries and lemon.