With its strong orange flavor and a hint of spice, Curacao has become a standard in bars around the world.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 3 Tablespoons bitter orange peel
- 1 dozen Valencia or Navel oranges
- 2 2/3 Cups 80 proof vodka
- 1 1/3 Cups water
- 2 Cups white sugar
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons whole corriander seeds
- Peel oranges. Section and cut each section into halves.
- Put into the mixing jar along with the bitter orange peel, cloves, coriander and cinnamon. Add sugar, vodka, and water.
- Shake vigorously until the sugar is dissolved. Leave to infuse for 5 weeks.
- Strain and leave to clear. Be patient because this takes longer than most liqueurs.
- When clear, decant off clear liqueur and bottle.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe