Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Garnishes
- green or red grapes
- 2 egg whites, beaten with a pinch of salt
- 1/2 Cup sugar (approximately)
- For one regular size bunch of grapes, use 2 beaten egg whites.
- Brush grapes with egg whites and then sprinkle sugar to TOTALLY cover grapes.
- Freeze until needed the day of your special dinner, then use to garnish a for cocktails by skewering the grapes on a long toothpick. Lay the pick with grapes over the glass. Do not immerse the grapes in the drink as this will remove the sugar coating.
This makes a very pretty garnish that's REALLY yummy! The crystallized sugar makes the grapes crunchy and sweet!