Creme de Menthe
Creme de Menthe is a sweet liqueur that has a strong mint flavor and is used in many cocktails. It is glorious when poured over ice creams or used in mousse. It makes a great pie, too.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 1 Cup 80 proof vodka
- 1 Cup water
- 3 ounces mint extract
- 2 Cups white sugar
- 1/2 Cup green mint leaves, washed
- Combine the vodka, water, extract of mint, and mint leaves.
- Cover and let mixture infuse for 10 days. Strain and add white sugar.
- Shake vigorously until the sugar is absorbed. Let stand overnight.
- If the green is not deep enough, add green food coloring.
- If you want clear creme de menthe, buy clear mint extract and omit the mint leaves.