Creme de Menthe 1
With its strong flavor, Creme de Menthe is an essential liqueur in any bar. It makes wonderful mixed drinks and is very soothing when consumed straight up or on the rocks.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 4 Cups sugar
- 1 3/4 Cups water
- 3 Cups vodka
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons mint or peppermint extract
- 1 Tablespoons finishing formula
- food coloring (your choice, optional)
- Make a simple syrup out of sugar and water. In an aging container add all ingredients including cooled syrup. Add to bottles as desired and age at least 1 month.
- Add food coloring at this time, green and gold or white are the most common.