Creme de Cocoa
We tried this with one of the more common powdered cocoa brands and had so-so results, but once we moved up to a much higher level of cocoa, this became an outrageously delicious liqueur. Be sure your cloves are fresh - best to grind them yourself just before use.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 1 Cup powdered cocoa
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 3 Cups 80 proof vodka
- 1 Cup water
- 2 Cups white sugar
- Make sure that you use powdered cocoa for this instead of chocolate drink mix.
- Pour the cocoa into a mixing bowl, slowly add the water, mixing with a spoon until you have a thick paste.
- Stir carefully and make sure you do not have any lumps.
- Pour vodka into mixing jar, add the cocoa syrup mixture. Add the powdered cloves and the white sugar.
- Shake vigorously until the sugar is dissolved. Cover, let mixture sit for a week. Strain through fine strainer into bottle.
- More sugar may be added if you want a heavier liqueur.
- Shake until the sugar is dissolved and then let the mixture rest overnight.
- It will not be necessary to strain again.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe