Cranberry Liqueur 4
This cranberry liqueur can be somewhat tart, so use sugar syrup according to your own tastes, though it makes a delicious cocktail either sweet or tart.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 pint
- 1 pound fresh cranberries
- 1 1/8 Cups vodka
- 1 1/8 Cups sugar syrup (see recipe)
- scraped peel of 1/2 orange without pith
- Rinse cranberries and chop in blender.
- Combine all ingredients in jar and steep for 4-5 weeks.
- Strain and filter. Ready to serve.
Cranberries can tend to have a bitter taste; more sugar syrup can be added during the first steep or if after, let sit an additional week. Look for bright, plump cranberries, avoiding soft, crushed, or shriveled ones. Season is September to December. They will keep in the refrigerator for 4-8 weeks (can also be frozen), but DO NOT wash them until ready for use as moisture will make them spoil.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe