Cranberry Liqueur 1
This is for folks who like to toast their feet by the fire while the snow falls outside. A little seasonal cheer... It also looks like a good way to use up those nasty little berries that always seem to pop up in every ones kitchen this time of year. This is from Narsai David, a Bay area restauranteur, chef and food critic.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 4 Cups
- 1 Cup white wine or water
- 1 Cup sugar
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 6 whole allspice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 lime, quartered and seeded
- 1 knob fresh ginger, 1 inch long, thinly sliced
- 2 Cups 80-proof gin
- Heat wine or water with sugar until dissolved and boiling.
- Place cranberries, spices, lime and ginger in the bowl of a blender or food processor.
- Add boiling syrup and process for 30 to 40 seconds.
- Pour into a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Add the gin, cover and set aside for 1 or 2 weeks.
- Strain through a fine sieve.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe