People think badly of crabapples, but in truth, they're quite flavorful and make a wonderful liqueur.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 Quart
- 1 (4-Quart) mason jar with tight-fitting lid
- 4 Quarts crabapples, washed, cored and quartered
- 4 Cups sugar
- 3 Cups vodka
- Fill mason jar with prepared crabapples.
- Add the 4 Cups of sugar and three Cups of vodka.
- Store the jar on its side, turning once every day for 16 days to help the sugar to dissolve.
- After 16 days, filter out the fruit bits and bottle.
Instead of crabapples, you can also use chokecherries with scotch, or raspberries with rum.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe