Coffee syrup may be used in a wide variety of beverages, both with and without alcohol. Use de-caf if you wish.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Syrups
Serves: 1 Cup
- 1 Cup sugar
- 3/4 Cup water
- 1 teaspoon instant coffee (not freeze-dried)
- 1/4 Cup boiling water
- Combine sugar and the 3/4 cup water in a saucepan.
- Stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved.
- Cover, bring to boiling, and boil 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Dissolve instant coffee in boiling water.
- Stir into syrup.
- Cool; store covered in refrigerator.