Coffee Liqueur 4
This coffee liqueur uses a few real coffee beans to give added flavor. Use the type of coffee beans that match your favorite drinkable coffee, such as French Roast or Arabica.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 4 Cups sugar
- 2 Cups water
- 2/3 Cup instant coffee
- 10 coffee beans (whole)
- 1 fifth of vodka*
- 1 vanilla bean (2 to 3 inches)
- Combine water, sugar, and coffee in a saucepan and bring to a full boil. Skim off the froth and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Pour into the container. Add vodka, coffee beans (optional but will add a fuller flavor), and vanilla bean.
- Store in a dark place for 3 weeks.
- Strain and filter into a 1/2 gallon jar and then funnel into sterilized bottles.
- Ready to serve.
*A brandy/vodka mix may be substituted for a simulated "Kahlua" *A rum/vodka mix may be used to simulate Tia Maria
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe