Coffee Liqueur 3
An intensely flavored version of Coffee Liqueur that may be made with a wider selection of alcohol bases.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 2 Cups water
- 2 Cups white sugar
- 1/2 Cup dry instant coffee (fresh jar)
- 1/2 vanilla bean, or;
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups alcohol (vodka, eau-de-vie, rum, brandy or cognac)
- caramel coloring if desired
- Boil the water and sugar until dissolved. Turn off the heat. Slowly add dry instant coffee and continue stirring. Add the vanilla to the alcohol, then combine the cooled sugar syrup and coffee mixture to the alcohol mixture.
- Cover tightly and shake vigorously each day for 3 weeks.
- Strain and filter (only if you have used vanilla bean).
Vodka will give you Kahlua, Rum will give you Tia Maria, and Brandy or Cognac will give you another version of Kahlua. Grain Alcohol will give you a Kahlua-like liqueur as well.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe