Coffee Liqueur 1
Coffee liqueur has an incredible warmth and brings pleasure to the palate but it also has high volumes of caffeine. Use decaffeinated coffee for best results.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 80 ounces
- 4 Cups sugar
- 6 Cups freshly brewed very strong coffee; consider decaf
- 1/2 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 fifth vodka
- 1 Tablespoon chocolate syrup
- Mix sugar into the coffee and bring it to a rolling boil; immediately turnoff the heat. Let cool.
- Chop vanilla bean into small pieces, being very careful to keep the little seeds. Place the pieces in the bottom of a large sterilized glass jar and pour in the vodka.
- Add cooled sugar-coffee mixture and chocolate syrup. Stir and cover container; let mixture rest for 30 days. Strain twice through cheesecloth or a coffee filter. Liqueur will keep well for several months on the pantry shelf.
Serving size: 1 ounce Calories: 157 Fat: 0 Saturated fat: 0 Unsaturated fat: 0 Carbohydrates: 41g Fiber: 0 Protein: 0
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe