The Clear Bloody Mary offers the kind of transparency we hope for in all the things in our lives. The rich flavor is evidently clear with the first sip.
Clear Bloody Mary
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 2 cherry tomatoes
- 2 jalapeño slices
- 2 fluid ounces Tomato water*
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces chipotle vodka
- 1 dash hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 3 drops basil oil
- Skewer tomatoes and jalapeño slices on a toothpick. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine the tomato water, vodka, lime juice and hot sauce. Shake together with ice; strain into a rocks glass. Finish with drops of basil oil and garnish with the skewered tomatoes and jalapeños.
* To make the tomato water, blend the pulp and seeds remaining from tomato concassé into a mixture resembling a chunky salsa. Season the mixture with salt; placed it in a china cap lined with cheesecloth and allow it to drain overnight. The liquid that drains off the tomato pulp is the tomato water.