The Classic Old Fashioned is a smooth, sultry and seductive cocktail, ideal for an afternoon or evening drink Simply irresistible.
Classic Old Fashioned
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 1 orange peel
- 1 cube demerara sugar
- 2 dashes Angostura bitters
- 3 ounces rye
- 2 ice cubes
- 1 lemon peel
- 1 Maraschino or brandied cherry
- Take your first orange peel and rub it around the inside of the glass, then set it aside.
- Drop a sugar cube in the glass, then drop the bitters directly on top of the sugar cube and mash/muddle until the sugar has somewhat disintegrated and mixed with the sugar.
- Add in your rye, then the ice cubes.
- Drop in your orange peel, then rub your lemon peel around the rim of the glass.
- Drop in your cherry, stir to combine, and serve.