Citrus Tea Punch with Fresh Mint
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
- 10 Cups boiling water
- 6 tea bags
- 6 whole cloves
- Zest of 1 lemon; removed in strips
- zest of 1 orange; removed in strips
- 2/3 Cup sugar
- 1 can frozen lemonade (12 oz); thawed
- 2 Tablespoons mint leaves
- 10 mint sprigs
- Pour boiling water over tea bags, cloves, lemon zest and orange zest.
- Let steep 5 minutes.
- Use tongs to transfer tea bags to plate (when cool enough to handle, squeeze tea bags over pot to release all tea); stir in sugar until dissolved.
- Stir in lemonade.
- Chill several hours or up to 2 days.
- One hour before serving, stir in mint leaves and refrigerate.
- Strain tea.
- Put ice cubes in chilled stemmed glasses.
- Pour in tea; garnish with mint sprig.