Citrus Tea Cooler
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 3 teaspoons bags or 1 Tablespoon loose black tea
- 1 1/2 Cup boiling water
- 1/2 Cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 bottle (28 oz) lemon-lime carbonated beverage chilled
- 3/4 to 1 Cup sugar
- 1 tray ice cubes
- 1/2 Cup fresh orange juice
- From: Arizona Cookbook Place tea bags or loose tea in bowl.
- Pour boiling water over tea.
- Let stand 5 minutes.
- Remove bags or strain to remove leaves.
- Add sugar and stir until all is dissolved.
- Plae ice cubes in 2-quart serving pitcher.
- Pour hot tea, lemon and orange juice over tea.
- Stir briskly several seconds until mixture is cold.
- Stir in chilled lemon-lime carbonated beverage.
- Pour into glasses and serve at once.
- Makes 2 qts.