For warmth during the winter’s chill, try a cup of Cider and Brandy Punch. It gives comfort to body and soul at this festive time of year.
Cider and Brandy Punch
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punch
Serves: 4 servings
- 1 lemon and 1 orange; zest of
- 1 1/2 pints dry strong cider
- 2 ounces soft brown sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 4 whole cloves
- 2 blades of mace; dried
- 1 1-inch slice root ginger; peeled
- 1 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 3 Tablespoons brandy
- 2 apples; cored and sliced
- Put the lemon and orange zest, cider, sugar and spices into a deep-sided pan and warm through for about 10 minutes.
- Add the brandy and reheat gently.
- Serve with sliced fresh apples.