Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
- 10 eggs, separated
- 1 3/4 Cups sugar
- 4 Cups milk; scalded
- 1/2 pint cream, whipping, whipped
- 1/2 Cup Brandy
- 1/4 Cup Rum, light
- 1 dash vanilla, (optional)
- 1 dash nutmeg, ground
- Beat egg yolks.
- Combine yolks and sugar in the top of a double boiler; gradually add milk.
- Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture coats a spoon.
- Remove from heat; chill well.
- Beat egg whites until stiff; fold egg whites and whipped cream into custard.
- Stir in the brandy and rum.
- Chill several hours.
- Add vanilla, if desired, and sprinkle with nutmeg.