Chocolate liqueur is a delicious treat that provides a sweet, confectionery taste. Useful in mixed drinks and in many desserts, it also makes a nice drink on the rocks or straight up.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 pint
- 2 teaspoons pure chocolate extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 Cups vodka
- 1/2 Cup sugar syrup (see recipe)
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh mint (optional)
- 1 drop peppermint extract(optional)
- Mix all ingredients and let mature 2 weeks. The chocolate tends to settle on the bottom and may need to be stirred before serving.
- Finished version will tend to be thin, but is still quite tasty and excellent for mixing in coffee or pouring over desserts.
- Add glycerine to thicken if desired.
- For chocolate mint, add 1/2 teaspoon fresh mint and a few drops of peppermint extract.
- Let mature 2 weeks.