Chocolate Instant Breakfast
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 Cup skim milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 small banana; or ripe peeled pear
- 2 teaspoon chocolate sauce; recipe below
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 2 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 Cup cocoa cold water
- 8 teaspoons artificial sweetener granules
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE: Combine cornstarch and cocoa.
- Whisk into cold water in a saucepan until there are no dry bits.
- Cook, stirring frequently, until mixture comes to a boil.
- Stir 1 minute until mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat, stir in sweetener and vanilla and allow to cool.
- Store in clean jar in refrigerator up to 6 weeks.
- Makes 12 servings, about 2 1/4 cups.
- Tbs serving 12 calories, 2 grams carbohydrate, 1 gram protein, 1++ extra choice (free exchange).
- MOCHA SAUCE: Substitute 2 cups strong coffee for water.
- INSTANT BREAKFAST: Combine milk, egg, banana, sauce and vanilla in a blender.
- Blend at high speed 1 min or until frothy.
- Makes about 1 1/2 cup.