Cherry Wishniak Liqueur
One of the simpler cherry liqueurs, the flavor is quite delectable in this recipe.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 1/2 pound bing cherries
- 1/2 pound granulated sugar
- 2 Cups vodka or brandy
- Wash and stem cherries and place them on a towel to dry.
- Gently put cherries into a 1-quart jar.
- Pour sugar over cherries. Do not stir or shake.
- Pour vodka or brandy over sugar and cherries. Do not stir.
- Cover tightly with a lid and put the jar on a high shelf in a dark cabinet.
- Let it stand for 3 months without stirring or shaking.
- Strain into a 1-quart bottle; the cherry meat will have dissolved.
- Yield 2-1/2 to 3 Cups.
NOTES : Making liqueurs is very easy. The results are delicious and much less expensive than commercial varieties. Make them for yourself and for gifts. The deep cherry color of this liqueur is perfect for pretty bottles. Recipe by: The 50 Best Homemade Liqueurs, by Dona Z. Meilach
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe