Cherry Liqueur 1
Cherries make a great liqueur with a sweet, tangy flavor. It is very romantic and tasty.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 3 Cups
- 1/2 pound Bing cherries
- 1/2 pound granulated sugar
- 2 Cups vodka
- DO NOT rinse cherries until ready to make the liqueur. Use cherries as soon as ripe.
- Wash, stem, and towel dry cherries and place in a jar.
- Pour sugar over the cherries, followed by the vodka. DO NOT mix them.
- Cover with lid and store on a shelf for 3 months without disturbing, then strain.
- Liqueur is ready to serve.
- Recipe can be varied with extracts (chocolate, mint, orange, etc).
- Add approximately 1 teaspoon of extract to finished liqueur and let sit for another few weeks.
Pick plump, shiny, well-colored fruit with green stems, avoiding dark colored stems. Season is late April to August. Experiment with small portions of flavorings to find your desired taste. Container: Wide mouth quart jar.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe