The Champagne Cocktail is a long time favorite, with a simple preparation and delicious flavor. Our own version is a slight adaptation we’re sure you’ll enjoy.
Champagne Cocktail Epicurus
A perfect drink for holidays, celebrations, weddings or a romantic evening with someone you love.
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Champagne Cocktail
- 1/2 ounce fruit liqueur, such as Chambord or Cointreau
- 1 half-bottle French Champagne or sparkling wine
- 2 sugar cubes
- few dashes Angostura bitters
- lemon peel
- To each champagne flute, add the fruit liqueur and sparkling wine.
- Place the sugar cube into a bar spoon or tea spoon and soak it with the bitters.
- Carefully drop the sugar cube into the bottom of the flute.
- Squeeze the lemon peel over each drink, releasing the oils from its skin into the cocktail, and then discard the peel. Do not drop the peel into the champagne or rub the peel around the rim as this could make the drink bitter.