Chances are you already appreciate the pure, delicious flavor of Masala Chai (Tea).
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 1 Tablespoon fennel seed
- 6 green cardamom pods
- 12 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 (1/4-inch) piece ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 6 black peppercorns
- 7 Cups water
- 2 Tablespoons Darjeeling tea
- 4 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 Cup milk
- In a medium saucepan, combine fennel seed, cardamom, cloves, cinnamon stick, ginger root, peppercorns and water.
- Boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and steep for 10 minutes.
- Add the tea, bring to a boil, reduce the heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
- Strain mixture, discard spices and return the tea to the saucepan.
- Stir in the brown sugar and milk.
- Serve immediately.