Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Garnishes
- 1 large carrot, ends trimmed and peeled
- Bowl of ice water
- Cut paper-thin lengthwise strips from carrot with vegetable peeler.
- Roll up strips into curls; secure with toothpicks.
- Place carrot curls in ice water to chill thoroughly.
- Remove from water; drain well.
- Carefully remove toothpicks before using.
Perk up a bowl of rice pilaf by trimming it with several carrot curls. Turn an ordinary club sandwich into a company combo by spearing it with a small wooden skewer laced with a carrot curl. Add color to broth-based soups by floating a carrot curl in each serving.