Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 3 Cups hot strong coffee
- 6 Tablespoons molasses
- 6 Tablespoons dark Rum (if desired)
- 1 whipped cream
- 1 nutmeg (freshly grated)
- Combine coffed and molasses in a saucepan.
- Heat, stirring, until molasses is dissolved and coffee is very hot.
- Do not allow to boil.
- If desired place 1 Tbls.
- rum in each mug.
- Add coffee.
- Top with whipped cream; sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Do not stir before drinking.
From Sheila Buff and Judi Olstein, "The New Mixer's Guide to Low-Alcohol and Nonalcoholic Drinks." Published By HPBooks, Inc., 1986, ISBN 0-89586-458-4.