Cafe de Olla (Mexican Spiced Coffee)
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 3/4 Cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 6 cloves
- 6 julienne slices orange zest
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 6 Tablespoons coffee (not instant)
- In a large saucepan, heat 6 cups of water with the brown sugar, cinnamon sticks, and cloves over moderately high heat until the mixture is hot, but do not let it boil.
- Add the coffee, bring the mixture to a boil, and boil it, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Strain the coffee through a fine sieve and serve in coffee cups with the orange zest.