Bul is the refreshing beverage sipped by Cubans that incorporates beer, ginger ale, and lime juice. Never heard of it? Never fear, we’ll show you how to make Bul!
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 4 limes
- 1 can light beer (12 fluid ounces)
- 1 can ginger ale (12 fluid ounces)
- 1 to 2 Tablespoons sugar
- Juice enough limes to make 1/3 cup. You’ll need about 3 limes for this. (See Hint)
- Thinly slice the remaining lime for garnish.
- Pour the lime juice into a pitcher, then add one 12 oz can of your favorite light beer. Make sure the beer is cold!
- And one 12 oz can of chilled ginger ale.
- Add one to two tablespoons of sugar, to taste, and stir it up until the sugar is dissolved. (Superfine or baker’s sugar makes this go faster.)
- Serve it over ice and add a lime slice garnish.
Hints: Nuking your limes for 5-10 seconds will help get the juices flowing. A citrus reamer will make quick work of the juicing.