In the Bufala Negra, Bourbon and fresh basil meet the tart and tangy flavors of balsamic syrup and ginger ale, creating one delicious cocktail.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
- 4 basil leaves, fresh, rinsed thoroughly
- 1 teaspoon Balsamic vinegar, aged
- 1/2 fluid ounce Simple Syrup
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces Bourbon
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces chilled ginger ale, for topping up
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle 3 of the 4 basil leaves with the vinegar and Simple Syrup.
- Add ice and the Bourbon and shake well. Pour into an ice-filled rocks glass and top with ginger ale. Garnish with the remaining basil leaf.