The Buck’s Fizz is an alcoholic cocktail made with orange juice and champagne. The effervescent qualities pair well with oranges juice for a light, refreshing drink.
This cocktail drink is named after London’s Buck’s Club where it was invented as an excuse to begin drinking early, and first served, by one of its barmen in 1921. Buck’s Fizz is popularly served at weddings as a less alcoholic alternative to Champagne.
In America, it is more commonly known as a Mimosa where it is often served for Sunday or weekend brunch or weddings.
- 1 portion Champagne or sparkling white wine
- 1 portion orange juice; freshly squeezed
- 1 orange slice or wedge
- Mix after your personal taste.
- Serve in a champagne flute.
- Garnish with a quarter section of an orange slice.