Bourbon Sweet Tea
This cocktail is simple, uncomplicated, refreshing, easy to drink, and a really lovely celebration of mid-spring.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktail
- 6 Cups water, preferably distilled
- 4 or 5 black tea bags
- 1/4 Cup agave syrup (honey will do too)
- 1/4 to 1/2 Cup Bourbon (depending on how strong you want your cocktail)
- 4 to 6 sliced orange rounds
- 6 sprigs fresh mint
- lots of ice
- Bring water to a boil. Turn off water and add black tea bags. Steep tea for 3 to 5 minutes. Remove the tea bags, place the tea in a large pitcher and let rest in the refrigerator until cold.
- Place agave, bourbon, orange slices and fresh mint in a medium bowl. It the back of a spoon, begin to muddle (or press together) the ingredients. The oranges will release come juice, the mint will become fragrant, and the bourbon will tickle your nose. It will smell delicious. Once the mixture is pressed together, and the flavors are extracted, add the mixture to the pitcher of tea. Stir well. (Feel free to strain the orange wedges and the mint leaves before pouring into the pitcher of tea, if you’d like.)
- Fill glasses with ice cubes. Pour sweet, boozy tea over ice. Enjoy. Drink it up.