Boiled Custard Eggnog is an incredibly rich holiday delight for one and all. The flavor is true to the original eggnog that delighted so many for generations.
Boiled Custard Eggnog
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punch
- 1 1/2 Cups sugar
- 1/4 Cup flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 8 egg yolks
- 6 Cups milk
- 2 Cups light cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 Cups whiskey (optional)
- Mix sugar, flour, and salt in heavy 6-qt saucepan.
- Add egg yolks and mix well.
- Using wire whisk, stir egg mixture and slowly pour in milk and cream.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until custard is thickened and just coats the back of a wooden spoon.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- The custard will thicken as it cools.
- When cold, stir in vanilla, nutmeg, and whiskey.