Bloody Mary Gazpacho
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 2 large tomatoes; seeded, and cut into 1" cubes
- 3/4 Cup sliced celery
- 4 Cups tomato juice; see * Note
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 Tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 Tablespoon hot pepper sauce; or to taste
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 Tablespoon freshly-ground black pepper
- 1/4 Cup Vodka; (optional)
- inner celery stalks with greens; for garnish
- lime slices; for garnish
- * Note: Clamato juice is the most flavorful option for this recipe.
- Combine tomatoes, celery, juice, Worcestershire sauce, horseradish, hot sauce, lime juice, salt and pepper in blender in batches, using well-shaken juice in each batch.
- Transfer to large bowl.
- Chill at least 3 hours or overnight.
- To serve, stir well, add vodka if using, taste and adjust seasonings.
- Serve chilled, garnished with celery stalks and lime slices.
- This recipe yields 8 to 10 servings.
- Each of 10 servings: 30 calories; 542 mg sodium; 0 cholesterol; 0 fat; 7 grams carbohydrates; 1 gram protein; 0.56 gram fiber.