Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Non-Alcoholic Drinks
- 2 Quarts ripe berries
- 2 Cups sugar (or more)
- 2/3 Cup lemon juice
- 1 Quart club soda
- 1 pint tart sherbet (optional)
- Crush berries with sugar, cover and let stand overnight.
- Press through a cheesecloth lined sieve, extracting as much juice as possible.
- Mix in lemon juice.
- Taste for sweetness - if too tart, add sugar, stirring until dissolved.
- Pour into bottle, cover and refrigerate.
- Serve as is on the rocks in punch cups or small glasses.
- OR, half fill a tall glass with shrub, add ice, and fill with club soda.
- OR, pour into punch cups and top each serving with a scoop of tart sherbet.