Blackberries actually are deep purple, but also come in bright red. They’re plump and full of juice that makes a delightful flavored brandy.
Blackberries actually are deep purple, but also come in bright red. They're plump and full of juice that makes a delightful flavored brandy. The liqueur is delicious and may be used in cooking, mixed drinks or consumed straight up or on the rocks. Always a treat.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 3 1/2 Cups
- 4 Cups fresh blackberries
- 2 Cups brandy
- 3/4 Cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon whole allspice
- 12 whole cloves
- Wash fruit, drain.
- In gallon screw-top jar, mix fruit and remaining ingredients, cover tightly.
- Invert jar, let stand 24 hours.
- Turn jar upright, let stand 24 hours.
- Repeat turning process until sugar is dissolved.
- Store in cool, dark place at least 2 months.
- Strain through cheesecloth into a decanter, squeezing out as much liquid from the fruit as possible.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe