Better Than Eggnog
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Punches
- 3 large eggs
- 1/8 teaspoon Ground ginger
- 1 Quart Orange juice
- 2 Quarts Vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1/4 Cup Lemon juice
- 1 Quart Ginger ale
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- Ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 dash ground cloves
- Whisk the eggs in a large bowl until frothy.
- Mix in the orange and lemon juices, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, and cloves.
- Spoon the ice cream into a large punch bowl; stir in the egg mixture until combined.
- Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
- Before serving, pour in the ginger ale.
- Sprinkle the top with nutmeg.
Makes 18 (6 ounce) servings. COMMENTS: Ginger ale, spices, and citrus juices enliven old-fashioned eggnog, making a fabulously refreshing and lighter variation.