A delicious berry liqueur with a wonderful, sweet, fruity and earthy flavor.
Author: Chief Mixologist
Recipe type: Liqueurs
Serves: 1 bottle
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup water
- 4 Cups fresh berries of your choice, may be mixed
- 1 lemon, peel only, without pith
- 3 Cups vodka
- 1 Cup sugar syrup
- Make sugar syrup by dissolving sugar in water over low heat.
- Stir frequently.
- Lightly crush berries with fork.
- Add to vodka and lemon peel.
- Steep at least 30 days.
- Strain; add sugar syrup at this point to taste.
- Allow to mature 2-3 weeks.
- You can use 2 Cups vodka and 1 Cup sweet white wine instead of 3 Cups straight vodka.
Google Recipe View Microformatting by Easy Recipe