Perfect for summertime picnics and holiday celebrations, Berry Pineapple Sangria is packed with fresh, crisp and fruity flavors in every sip. Simply wonderful.
Berry Pineapple Sangria
Author: Dominick LaRuffa Jr.
Recipe type: Alcoholic Cocktails
Serves: 8 to 10
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and hulled (halved if large)
- 1 pint blueberries, washed and picked over, stems removed
- 1 pound pineapple (cored and sliced 1/2-inch thick), cut in star shapes using a cookie cutter
- 1 lemon, sliced thin
- 1 bottle dry white wine
- 12 ounces peach schnapps
- Sprite or 7-Up to top up, chilled
- Pour the wine and schnapps into a gallon jug.
- Put the fruit in the pitcher: first blueberries, which sink to the bottom, then pineapple stars, which float and finally strawberries, which will rise to the top. Allow to macerate for 2 hours in the refrigerator.
- Top up with soda just before serving.
- Add a slice of lemon to a glass as garnish and ladle in some sangria with fruit.